Location: Dharwad, Karnataka, India
Area: 16 Hectare
Project Completed: 1986
The 16-hectare land had the configuration of a half bowl with some relatively flat land at the ridge and in the valley. The main building is spread along the bowl slopes, hugging the natural contours. The naturally convergent central area has provisions for primary common activities such as administration, with a 1000 capacity stepped auditorium below and the library above it. There are two major entrances to the building, the first on the east a ceremonial entrance to the west starts at the auditorium stage level 7 m below east entrance. Both entrances meet in a large, double height lounge. Both sides of the central wing are the secondary common functions.