Marmomacc is the landmark event on an international scale for the natural stone industry and offers the widest possible range of products, architectures, design, services and technologies on the market. Marmomacc Stone Academy (MSA) was created by Veronafiere to offer educational activities on designing with natural stone to architects, interior designers, and architectural students. The program denominated "Designing with Natural Stone (DWNS)" helps architects learn advanced techniques in the use of marble, granite and other stone materials.
The program is a unique combination of classroom lectures, guided architectural tours, and field trips. This comprehensive approach enables designers to better understand stone's full life-cycle - including how marble is quarried, cut, processed, finished, selected for specific jobs and installed, all using the latest technologies and products.
The Marmomacc Stone Academy was created in 1998 in Verona.
In the past six years, MSA has been offering educational programs also in USA, Canada, UK, Portugal, Brazil, Egypt, Slovenia and Hungary.
Benefits for Architects & Interior Designers
- Opportunity to attend a prestigious course which is internationally recognized
- Certificates will be provided to all participants accredited by AIA
- Participants learn advanced techniques in the use of marble granite & other stone materials, as well as engineered stone and understand stone's full life circle including how marble/stone is quarried, cut, processed, finished, selected for specific jobs and installed using the latest technologies and products.
- Gives updated information on the latest technology used in the stone industry with an overview of appropriate design applications and the sustainable characteristics of stone materials.
- Unique combination of classroom lectures, guided architectural tours and B2A (business to architects) meetings with top players.
Some Topics covered in the Course
- Which stone for which project
- Cladding technologies
- Stone sourcing & stone selection
- Surface treatment and maintenance, Etc.