Located on a long linear plot along a 400 M athletic track & abutting the School, the Civic Centre caters to the recreational needs of the Township Residents & the School.
The basic premise is similar to a large gathering held on an open ground where a -kantan (fabric) is wrapped around a bamboo grid to form an enclosure.
Here therefore, the wall becomes the defining element wrapping around columns to create private enclosures, stepping back in a carefully choreographed manner to form courts, ceremonial entrances and verandahs overlooking the playfield
The facilities include
- A 50 Mt. Swimming Pool with changing rooms, with a secondary entry from the school side.
- A Stage with 2 Green Rooms & a Multipurpose Hall with twin Badminton Courts.
- Banqueting Garden with a Kitchen located such that it caters to both the Multipurpose Hall as well as the Banqueting Garden.
- Verandahs at Ground & Upper Levels overlook the playfield. The Verandah extends out in the form of a stage thereby also allowing for large gathering to be held on the playfield.
- Other facilities include
- Grandstand Verandahs
- Billiards / Pool
- 400 Mt. Athletic Track
- 10,000 seater earthbermed spectator arena
The Civic Centre allows for multi-use / multi function possibilities through strategically located dedicated entries for
- Swimming Bath
- Indoor Sports
- Outdoor Sports Fields