Having an ascending player both in the car and building glass segment Asahi India Glass Ltd. (AIS) is India's biggest integrated glass solutions company. Today it has a 77% part in the Indian car glass market. AIS was established 30 years ago in 1984. Its products and services include automotive glass products, Architectural glass products, Windshield experts, 4G Solution and AIS VUE.
AIS derivations can be tracked to the Joint Venture Agreement amid Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. in 1984 and the Labroo family, Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. (AGC), Japan. The 3 entities together hold around 55% of paid-up equity assets of AIS and the rest 45% being held by the public as a promotional group. AIS is focused on market-leading modernizations offering the correct merge among energy saving and daylight, thermal and visual comfort, sensitivity and technology, allowing an age of Green Buildings as well as supporting a truly sustainable future.
With the share of 24% in the Indian Flat Glass Industry AIS current daily production capacity is about 1200 tons per day. Catering 77% needs of the Indian passenger car manufacturers for their automotive glass requirements, AIS has emerged as a premier Automotive Glass manufacturer in India. AIS is providing personalized glass solutions to most of the Indian Automobile Industry and it represents officialas AGS Glass Europe in the Indian Market.