- The plans envision an eco-friendly environment, emphasising the ancient city's rich heritage.
- The historic city wall and its old axis are further strengthened with a new city gate.
- Across the Han river, a new central business district is proposed with a civic centre that forms a new central city axis.
- The plans focused on urban development in harmony with nature.
- Extensive green belts were introduced.
- Neighbourhoods and precincts of varying densities were planned to take advantage of waterfront and scenic views.
- Roads were designed to slow down the speed of vehicles, encouraging more walkable streets.