Location: Benaras Road, Kunjapara, Howrah, West Bengal, India
Client: Taj Group Of Hotels
Project Duration: 2003 - 2009
The Nadesar Palace, situated on the banks of River Varuna in Benaras, was originally built by the East India Company as a guest house. The palace has been converted into a unique hotel with10 keys and a three treatment room spa.
Meticulous conservation studies have been done to retain the original character of the building. The grounds and orchards have been rejuvenated and revived. A four hole Golf Course has been developed to upgrade leisure activities within the palace grounds.
The inspiration for the dcor of guestrooms comes from colors of the Ganga. Benarasi Brocade accents, traditional crafts of Benaras and restored art works from the collection of the Maharaja are used for styling.Awards & Recognition
- Crystal Award Asia Pacific - Best Boutique Hotel Spa 2011
- Forbes life - The World's Top Microboutique Hotels 2010Tatler Travel Guide
101 Best Hotel Guide 2010
- Vogue India Beauty Awards
Best Destination Spa 2010
- Cond Nast TravellerUK Hot List 2010
- US Hot List 200945 Best New Hotels of 2009
Travel + Leisure