Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
UNESCO AWARD - 2004 The Church (restored 2002 & 2003) In 1865 the apse end of the church was extended and re-built in a neo gothic style, then in vogue. In 1921 as part of an improvement program, the pitched tiled roof was replaced by a flat R.C.C. slab. By the end of the century the R.C.C. slab had totally deteriorated resulting in rainwater flooding the vaults inside. Hence it was decided to restore the apse end as built in 1865 and solve the problem of water percolating inside the vaults.