Every year, the nine day Kala Ghoda Arts Festival takes place from the first Saturday in February till the next Sunday. The dates for this years festival are February 1 to February 9, 2014. This year with our new partner Hindustan Times, we have the intention of making the festival bigger and better than before.
- The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival,now in its 16th year, is a community celebration of the arts within one of the most beautiful and historic precincts of Mumbai, The Kala Ghoda Art District.
- It has been held for the last 15 years , and is open to all, free of charge.
- It has traditionally offered various programmes in Visual Art, Music, Theatre, Dance , Street Acts, Heritage Walks, Literature and Workshops for children as well as adults
- The Festival has grown exponentially, and is hugely successful, drawing over 150,000 people from all over the city to 350 events over 9 days. Tourists from all over the world plan their trip to Mumbai to witness the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival.
- Funds raised from the festival go towards the restoration and upkeep of the area. Several heritage buildings and institutions in the area have benefited from this.